Jotasync is used to synchronize folders, files and make backups. Jotasync is a rsync GUI written in Java, so it runs on GNU/Linux, OS X, Solaris and Windows. With its integrated scheduler, jobs can be run at any time.
- Jotasync is free software licensed under the Apache Licence, Version 2.0.
- One file – two roles; server and client.
- Server can run on a remote machine.
- Multiple clients can connect to a server simultaneously.
- Command line and GUI.
- Built in scheduler.
- Themeable – use built in look and feels or use external.
Size: 1.6 MB
Version 0.3.0 (2017-05-14)
- OPT: Major UI improvements.
- NEW: A history browser, tab number two, has been added.
NOTE: Users upgrading from an earlier version has to copy the file ~/.config/jotasync/jobs.json to ~/.config/jotasync/jotasync.profiles when the ‘server’ isn’t running. Existing history will be lost from the UI, but it’s there in the jobs.json. This was done in order to separate history from settings. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.
Version 0.2.9 (2017-01-21)
- FIX: Cron editor
- FIX: Display version info
Version 0.2.8 (2017-01-15)
- FIX:Remove unused resources and reduced file size by 40%.
- OPT: Include license and icon
Version 0.2.7 Internal release
Version 0.2.6 (2016-12-31)
- FIX: Exclude bug reported by
Version 0.2.5 (2016-05-07)
- OPT: OS dependent UI defaults
- OPT: Dry-run indicator in history
- FIX: Settings shortcut on OS X
- FIX: Solved some reconnection issues
- FIX: Shutdown server shortcut
Version 0.2.4 (2016-03-02)
- NEW: Added Material Icon theme
- OPT: Autostart server by default
Version 0.2.3 (2016-02-14)
- NEW: Added ‘About rsync’ dialog
- NEW: Added clone job button in editor
- NEW: Added clone task button in editor
- NEW: Bundle Darcula theme and make it default
- FIX:Make log names windows compatible
- FIX: Remove multiple selected tasks
- OPT: Blank source and destination in new task
Version 0.2.2 (2016-02-14)
- First public release
Jotasync is built using the following open source libraries
jotasync is available in the AUR.
- Copy the jar file to /usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar
- Create /usr/bin/jotaserver
exec /usr/bin/java -cp '/usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar' Server "$@"
- Create /usr/bin/jotaclient
#!/bin/sh exec /usr/bin/java -cp '/usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar' Client "$@"
- Copy the downloaded file to the desired location, eg. /usr/bin
- It is convenient to create the following aliases
- Create aliases
alias jotaserver='java -cp /usr/bin/jotasync.jar Server' alias jotaclient='java -cp /usr/bin/jotasync.jar Client'