Jotasync is used to synchronize folders, files and make backups. Jotasync is a rsync GUI written in Java, so it runs on GNU/Linux, OS X, Solaris and Windows. With its integrated scheduler, jobs can be run at any time.
- Jotasync is free software licensed under the Apache Licence, Version 2.0.
- One file – two roles; server and client.
- Server can run on a remote machine.
- Multiple clients can connect to a server simultaneously.
- Command line and GUI.
- Built in scheduler.
- Themeable – use built in look and feels or use external.
Jotasync 0.2.9 (2017-01-21)
Size: 1.5 MB
jotasync is available in the AUR.
- Copy the jar file to /usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar
- Create /usr/bin/jotaserver
exec /usr/bin/java -cp '/usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar' Server "$@"
- Create /usr/bin/jotaclient
#!/bin/sh exec /usr/bin/java -cp '/usr/share/java/jotasync/jotasync.jar' Client "$@"
- Copy the downloaded file to the desired location, eg. /usr/bin
- It is convenient to create the following aliases
- Create aliases
alias jotaserver='java -cp /usr/bin/jotasync.jar Server' alias jotaclient='java -cp /usr/bin/jotasync.jar Client'
Version 0.2.9 (2017-01-21)
- FIX: Cron editor
- FIX: Display version info
Version 0.2.8 (2017-01-15)
- FIX:Remove unused resources and reduced file size by 40%.
- OPT: Include license and icon
Version 0.2.7 Internal release
Version 0.2.6 (2016-12-31)
- FIX: Exclude bug reported by
Version 0.2.5 (2016-05-07)
- OPT: OS dependent UI defaults
- OPT: Dry-run indicator in history
- FIX: Settings shortcut on OS X
- FIX: Solved some reconnection issues
- FIX: Shutdown server shortcut
Version 0.2.4 (2016-03-02)
- NEW: Added Material Icon theme
- OPT: Autostart server by default
Version 0.2.3 (2016-02-14)
- NEW: Added ‘About rsync’ dialog
- NEW: Added clone job button in editor
- NEW: Added clone task button in editor
- NEW: Bundle Darcula theme and make it default
- FIX:Make log names windows compatible
- FIX: Remove multiple selected tasks
- OPT: Blank source and destination in new task
Version 0.2.2 (2016-02-14)
- First public release
Jotasync is built using the following open source libraries