FileByDate is a tool that moves and copies files to a destination directory based on either file or exif dates and the user specified date pattern.
FileByDate can also be run from the command line.
filebydate-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip (platform independent)
Please do note that the version above is a snapshot of the coming 2.0 version with a totally new re-written UI.
As such, it is probably somewhat buggy. 🙂
filebydate-1.1.0-bin.zip (platform independent)
Size: 2.2 MB
Size: 2.2 MB
FileByDate depends on Java 8.
FileByDate is also available from AUR for Arch Linux and its derivatives.
Version 1.1.0 (2017-09-10)
- OPT: Improved configuration file management.
NOTE: Users upgrading from an earlier version should be aware of that the new profiles are stored in ~/.config/filebydate/filebydate.json. The old ones are located in filebydate.profiles. This was done in order to improve configuration management. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.
- OPT: Minor UI tweaks
- OPT: Updated dependencies
Version 1.0.3 (2017-06-28)
- OPT: Update Darcula look and feel, fixes issues on MacOS.
- FIX: Resolve Move and replace existing bug.
Version 1.0.2 (2017-05-14)
- OPT: Major UI improvements.
Version 1.0.1 (2017-01-29)
- NEW: Added editable drop downs for file and date pattern.
Version 1.0.0 (2017-01-21)
- NEW: First public release.
FileByDate is built using the following open source libraries