Mapollage is a photo kml generator for Google Earth.
- Mapollage is free software licensed under the Apache Licence, Version 2.0
- Mapollage runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows
- Create kml folders by directory name, date pattern and regex
- Name placemarks by filename and date pattern
- Use a photo or a pin as a marker
- Dynamic description generator
- Customizable photo reference
- Draw path between placemarks
Looking for more details? Have a look at the documentation.
Get your copy from the github release page.
Mapollage depends on Java 11 with JavaFX.
What do others say?
”That’s it. The newly created KML file can now be opened with Google Earth.”
”Its simple interface and broad set of functions make it highly accessible to a wide range of users while still maintaining a high level of efficiency.”
Version 2.1.0 (2021-02-26)
- OPT: Major UI changes.
Version 2.0.1 (2018-12-15)
- FIX: There was a major issue in the profile default settings related to folder structure and polygon generation. It is now resolved.
Version 2.0.0 (2018-07-15)
- OPT: Major UI changes, now using JavaFX.
Version 1.1.1 (2017-09-10)
- NEW: Added support for external description files.
Version 1.1.0 (2017-08-14)
- OPT: Improve configuration file management.
NOTE: Users upgrading from an earlier version should be aware of that the new profiles are stored in ~/.config/mapollage/mapollage2.profiles. The old ones are located in mapollage.profiles. This was done in order to improve configuration management. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.
Version 1.0.9 (2017-06-28)
- OPT: Update Darcula look and feel, fixes issues on MacOS.
- FIX: Corrected and added missing translations.
Version 1.0.8 (2017-05-14)
- OPT: Major UI improvements
Version 1.0.7 (2017-04-02)
- FIX: Tab enablement
- FIX: Don’t append information tab content
- FIX: Check for write permissions before file scan
- FIX: Create thumbnail directory after file scan
Version 1.0.6 (2017-03-25)
- OPT: Allow zoom values down to 1.0
- FIX: It’s now possible to cancel operation during file scan
- FIX: Exclude now respect OS case sensitiveness
- FIX: Handle images with no exif and percentage sign in filename correct
Version 1.0.5 (2017-03-12)
- NEW: Mapollage is now mac friendly
- NEW: Added menu mode switching (bar/button)
- NEW: Added progress indicator
- NEW: Added an option to open generated file after completion
- NEW: Added help menu link
- NEW: Added thumbnail as an image reference
- OPT: Improved default values
- FIX: Minor UI improvements and fixes
Version 1.0.4 (2017-03-04)
- NEW: Exclude file path containing filter.
- OPT: Improve messages and error handling
- OPT: Rotate thumbnails
- OPT: Add .jpg extension to thumbnails
- FIX: Create folders by regex
- FIX: Absolute image reference on windows
Version 1.0.3 (2017-02-26)
- NEW: Add path generation
- NEW: Create folder structure
- NEW: Add profile information tab
- FIX: Display bearing (if available) in description
Version 1.0.2 (2017-02-26)
Version 1.0.1 (2017-02-23)
- NEW: Add (optional) timestamp to placemark
- FIX: Treat zero coordinate as null coordinate
Version 1.0.0 (2017-02-21)
- Initial release
Mapollage is built using the following open source libraries
and with an icon from jhnri4.